What is Borangutan
Borangutan is about the promotion of rock n’ roll music and culture in Minnesota… not orangutans.
What are people saying about Borangutan?
10 Minnesota Blogs That Deserve Your Attention in 2010 – Minnpost.com
Sometimes there’s more to local news than just crime, politics, and council meetings, and these guys have their local music scene locked down. – GoHyperlocal.com
P.O. Box 4520
St. Paul, MN 55104
Email - skelly[at]borangutan[dot]com
Email – schwaz[at]borangutan[dot]com
After experiencing the highs (pursuit of undergrad philosophical knowledge) and lows (realizing that no one cares what you think in the real world nor will they give you a penny for your thoughts) in the fascinating study of Philosophy at our own UST, Nika decided to follow Skelly through the rabbit hole of the internet. Armed with a background in marketing and promotions as well as a deep love of music she stands prepared in helping Skelly’s ulcer along. (BTW, is it a form of outsourcing when Skelly has employed a Swede [Schwaz] and a Pole [me]?)
Email – nika[at]borangutan[dot]com
Email – chuck[at]borangutan[dot]com
Mike discovered the local Twin Cities music scene in 2005 while attending the University of Minnesota and hasn’t looked back since. He shoots nearly every show he goes to (over 200-250 a year) and even won first place in a photography contest that earned him a free VIP trip to shoot at Lollapalooza 2008. Mike lives for rock and roll, so if you’re at a great local rock show in town, chances are you might find him there capturing the show too.
Email – mike[at]borangutan[dot]com
Mary Scott’s Links
Email - maryscott[at]borangutan[dot]com
Mary Scott has no other links. She transcends the utility of the world wide web.
Chris finished his M.A. in Literature from the University of South Dakota with a nonfiction novel on his relationship between Lawrence Welk and High Plains indie rock. He teaches English at local community colleges, where he assigns writing prompts such as: “In 500 words or more, explain why Rush felt it necessary to let Neil Peart write lyrics.
Email – chris[at]borangutan[dot]com
Email – cizzy[at]borangutan[dot]com
Join the Borangutan Team
Are you an aspiring writer with an interest in new albums and live concerts? Would you like to explore new and innovative ways of approaching the way music is presented to people through written language? Got a flare for promotions or marketing? If any or all of these, why not take a stab at being a Borangutan writer or a member of our street team? We are only as good as the sum of our parts, and so the more good parts we have the larger our sum may be!
Send a letter of intent along with a piece of writing you have completed (a news article, a short story, academic paper, etc.) to skelly[at]borangutan[dot]com. We look forward to reviewing your materials.
Submitting Promotional Materials to Borangutan
If you are a band or music label and would like to send a promotional package to Borangutan for consideration, please send it to the address below. Each package must contain the following:
- Cover letter / Letter of intent
- A digital recording of the music on a standard CD or USB jump drive (tapes and other formats will not be accepted)
- A photo of the artist, band, or group
- A short bio / history of the artist, band, or group (please include discography and notable achievements within the bio if applicable)
- Sheet containing contact information for the artist, band, or group. This sheet may also include the name and contact information of the artist, band, or group’s management company, label, and/or endorsement affiliations (if applicable).
- A flyer for an upcoming show within Minnesota (if applicable)
Coverage priority is given to musical acts from within Minnesota or that have an upcoming show within Minnesota. While we make every effort to review all submitted materials, we are few among the many. Submitting materials does not guarantee coverage on borangutan.com.
Promotional material may be sent to:
P.O. Box 4520
St. Paul, MN 55104
Advertising on borangutan.com
Borangutan provides advertising services for individuals and businesses. We offer three kinds of advertising slots:
- A rotating 728×90 pixel leaderboard banner (maximum 20 advertisers)
- A rotating 125×125 pixel box (2×6 sidebar organization, maximum 36 advertisers)
- Non-rotating sidebar skyscrapers or box ads (limited availability, space dependent)
Our rotating advertising slots evenly distribute ad time between all advertisers and recycle with every page change or page refresh. For information on advertising with Borangutan, including prices, mode of operation, or general inquiries, contact skelly[at]borangutan[dot]com. We hope to fulfill your advertising needs.
Borangutan supports musical artists and their rights to their original works of authorship. If you are an artist, label, or affiliated party with an original work posted on borangutan.com, and you feel this material has been posted without prior authorization and hence infringes upon your property rights, please contact skelly[at]borangutan[dot]com. The disputed material will be removed promptly upon verification of the disputant’s identity and their right to the material in question.
Terms and Conditions
Whether you live within the United States of America or outside of its borders, Borangutan supports your right to freedom of speech as it is granted by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. However, in the same manner that one can not waltz onto an airplane in the United States and cry “I have a bomb!”, likewise one can not write or partake in certain activities on borangutan.com. By using the services granted on borangutan.com, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You will not partake in any activities that include the use of language to intimidate, harass, abuse or defame any person. This includes but is not limited to the use of libel, excessive vulgarity, obscenity, sexual explicitness, and/or deceptiveness to exploit or cause harm to another individual.
- You will honestly represent yourself at all times and never partake in any attempt to impersonate another whether they be a Borangutan writer, borangutan.com reader, dead president of the United States, etc.
- You will not upload, post, or place links to any material that may be accurately and/or objectively described by the words used in term and condition number one. You will also not upload, post, or place links to any material that is protected by copyright law. Finally, you will not upload, post, or place links to any virus or similarly harmful computer software.
- You will not use this site for advertising, spam, excessive gratuitous self-promotion, or similar solicitations. Damnit, we reserve the sole right to those activities! You are encouraged to write about or cite your website or band / artist name within posts when relevant to conversation.
Any breech of the above terms and conditions will result in the deletion of the offending post(s). If applicable, you may also be censored within the Borangutan forums. Should your trespass be particularly criminal, legal action will be taken, and Borangutan reserves the right to turn over any incriminating evidence to legal authorities. In short, please do not break the law.
The concert calendar is offered as a service to you, but you acknowledge that Borangutan and its writers are not responsible for any misinformation that may appear on the calendar. While we try to maintain its accuracy, we are not always notified of concert changes, cancellations, or other happenings beyond our control. We are not responsible for any unfortunate circumstances that result from misinformation on our calendar. Always check with your local venue ahead of time to confirm concert information.
Lastly, you acknowledge that Borangutan and its writers are not responsible for the materials that you or other users post on borangutan.com. Borangutan does reserve the right to delete any content at any time and for any reason, regardless of whether it is posted by a Borangutan writer or a user. Should you view any content that is in breech of the above terms and conditions while you are visiting Borangutan, we kindly ask you to report it promptly to skelly[at]borangutan[dot]com.
P.S. You acknowledge that by reading these terms and conditions you fall into the slim 2% of individuals who actually read website terms and conditions, and therefore, are eternally imbued with awesomeness.